Why limit salt in our diet?
Salt is one of the most common condiments in the vast majority of all cuisines in the world: long used as a preservative, it is also a flavor enhancer and thus gives a particular flavor to all meals. However, even if our body requires a little salt to work properly, it turns out that the French consume an average of 8 to 9 grams, while the World Health Organization advocates a consumption of less than 5 grams per day.
Over time, excessive salt intake can lead to serious health problems such as hypertension, cardiovascular disease, osteoporosis, growth disorders in children, stomach cancer, to count the retention of water and the swelling that it induces ...
Well, now that words are locked in our brains, it is possible to change our bad habits and release salt accumulated in the body.
But by changing the bad habit of excessive salt consumption, it is possible to release our body from all the salt it has accumulated.
AVOID SALT IS POSSIBLE!
According to ANSES, the salt we add to our dishes represents only one to two grams of our daily consumption. Salt is actually found in many products of daily consumption: bread, cold cuts, cheese, cooked dishes, brines, smoked fish, canned vegetables ...
Here are some tips for cooking cleverly by avoiding as much salt as possible:
- To taste before salting !! Reflexes have a hard life, but you can do it ....
- Gradually reduce the salt, compensate by aromatics (garlic, onion, shallot ...), herbs (parsley, dill, chives, basil, mint, thyme, bay leaf, oregano ...), spices (pepper, curry, paprika , cumin ...). Prefer frozen vegetables in nature to canned ones.
- Favor some cooking methods that preserve the flavor of food: steam, foil, smothered ...
- For foods that cook with water, salt water before dipping, they will lose less of their water-soluble aromatic compounds.
- In the context of a low-sodium diet, you can, unless otherwise advised by the doctor, use "diet salt", potassium-based (in pharmacy): potassium is, contrary to sodium, hypotensive.
TIPS TO ELIMINATE ORGANIC SALT
- Consume more water: experts recommend drinking between 6 and 8 glasses of water a day, because the consumption of water stimulates the elimination of excess fluid retained in the body and, at the same time, excess sodium. They will both be evacuated by the urine. This good habit helps us cleanse our body, keep us hydrated and reduce body swelling.
- Eliminate salt from the diet: even if, for many, salt can not be missed in everyday meals, the ideal is to look for other ways to give a good flavor to food ...
- Exercise: perspiration releases impurities and excess salt in the body.
- Parsley: Parsley is an ingredient well known for its ability to clean the kidneys and stimulate the elimination of toxin through the urine. The kidneys play an extremely important role in the detoxification of our body, because they are the ones who are responsible for filtering the blood to remove excess salt, and any other toxic substance that is in our body.
HOW CAN PERSIL HELP US?
To enjoy all the benefits of parsley to clean the kidneys, prepare an infusion of this plant using a handful of parsley leaves cut into pieces, which you will boil in one liter of water for 10 minutes. Once this is ready, let it sit and consume preferably on an empty stomach. The rest of the brew can be kept cool and consumed several times during the day.
• To increase the effects of this drink to eliminate excess salt, it is very important to take into account the previous recommendations and to drink it in a very regular way.
• In addition to helping cleanse the body, this drink is great for fighting water retention, preventing blood pressure and losing weight. Obviously, its benefits are only possible if it is consumed as part of a healthy lifestyle.